18 April 2013

Backpedaling


A while back I posted this:  http://troaca.blogspot.com/2013/03/yep-i-crazed-american.html

It was all about my admiration for Senator Reid.

I take it all back.  Perhaps he still respects the civil rights enshrined by the Bill of Rights - and is just playing harball politics.  Too f---ing bad - I don't care.  Tired of politics.  Throughout history - imagined tyranny has had a very bad habit of cropping up as quite real tyrrany, given the room to flourish.  I don't even own any "assualt weapons"...


REID: In the 1920s, organized crime was committing murders with machine guns. So Congress dramatically limited the sale and transfer of machine guns. As a result, machine guns all but disappeared from the streets. We can and should take the same common-sense approach to safeguard Americans from modern weapons of war.

That is why I will vote for Senator Dianne Feinstein’s assault weapons ban – because we must strike a better balance between the right to defend ourselves and the right of every child in America to grow up safe from gun violence. I will vote for the ban because maintaining law and order is more important than satisfying conspiracy theorists who believe in black helicopters and false flags. And I will vote for the ban because saving the lives of young police officers and innocent civilians is more important than preventing imagined tyranny.


Fuck tyrants, be they real or imagined.

Crazed American, out.

No comments: