24 March 2018

The Book of Faces

Once upon a time, I shared everything on it.  Hell, my youngest wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for Facebook, as it was where I re-met my wife after 17 years. 
I cancelled that Facebook account three years ago.  Let it be reabsorbed into the ether.  Right, sure it got deleted and isn't sitting on a Facebook server farm with an electronic dotted line to my current one where I share very little. 
I quit it before because I didn't like the way it ended up making me feel.  I couldn't wait to log back in.  The straw that broke the camel's back was when I was surfing Facebook on my computer, something distracted me, so I picked up my phone and checked Facebook. 
Fast forward now.  Facebook is acknowledged to be exactly as creepy as everyone thought.  People and companies are leaving it in droves. 
I'm not going to quit it again, yet.  My traffic to it will be curtailed.  I still want to see how friends are doing.  I like pictures of my old friends and their pets.  Pretty much what it should be used for.  Not the propaganda machine that many people I love and respect seem to think it is.
So I'm not going to unfollow or unfriend.  But I will not engage. 
That's what this is for.   You, gentle reader, get it all.  Enjoy.

No comments: