03 January 2008

The Hawkeye Caucai

Well, they're over...

The Honorable Senator Barack Obama has won Iowa for the Democrats and Governor Mike Huckabee has won for the Republicans.

Woo hoo. Only 50 more of these durn things to go.

For the record, the Crazed American cares only that The Honorable Senator Hillary Clinton did not win. Or for that matter come in second place - she came in third.

I am one of those people that has to say Anybody But Hillary.

Also, I've determined I want anyone not named Clinton, Bush, or is from anywhere near Texas or Hope, Arkansas. In a country of 300 Million people, can we please strive for this?

So, I'll vote when I can, for who on the ballot in my home state strikes the Crazed American as being the best one who could represent my wishes for the future leadership of our glorious nation.

On a related note - American politics is called a dirty business, and well it probably is. Keep in mind, when a vote gets contested in American it goes to the courts and ends up annoying people for months. In the end, our system figures itself out. Like it or not, we abide by it.

Now look at Kenya. Election contested, 300 die , thousands injured, cities on fire. Not cool.

I love America... as if you couldn't guess.

No comments: