09 July 2007

Oh Good...

Am I the only one who might see any connection here:

El Presidente might be mulling an Iraq pullout:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/09/washington/09prexy.html?ex=1184558400&en=5c73fe8d47ee4675&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS

(Although that is from the New York Times – Multiple Grains of Salt needed)

And then:

Turkey puts 140K troops on the border of The Kurdish Territories in Northern Iraq: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_turkey_1


Is that because we are viewed as weak and the Turks feel it necessary to prevent chaos and / or an Independent Kurdistan on it’s border?

One possible scenario: We begin a pull out from Iraq and the Turks step in (at least into Northern Iraq). I’d love to be under Turkish occupation (Armenia anyone?)… Something tells me that the Turk-men won’t be the benevolent occupiers that we are.

Jiminy Christmas, this could get “interesting” real frikkin’ quick.


***Topic Change***
Live Earth – Complete hypocrisy. Anyone who did watch it (I watched at two separate times (Police – they actually sounded terrible Sting’s voice faltered a couple of times and they just sounded off – Smashing Pumpkins – not so good) gain any awareness of the “looming climate crisis”.

Apparently I am not alone in my disdain for Live Earth. Who did this event help, exactly? Did anyone gain awareness or a fire to go out and do something for the environment?

I think Instapundit.com said it best (in relation to the hundreds of thousands of miles traveled by the performers and promoters in aircraft and the hundreds of tons of waste and estimated 71,000 tons of additional carbon that this event produced) and I’ll paraphrase (it’s my new catch phrase by the way and what I will use anytime: I will start thinking that “climate change” is a crisis, when people who are calling it a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis.

What was the title of the event?

Live Earth: You Gotta Make Carbon to Prevent Carbon?!?

Who did this make money for?

Someone said that Live Earth would have had to plant something north of 100,000 trees to offset the amount pollution produced by this event? I for one have not heard of Live Earth volunteers out planting trees.

Carbon neutral my a$$...

Geez. All hail the “church of the green”

No comments: