19 July 2006

Getting older

Where does the time go?
I'm not as physically resilient as once upon a time...
Recently passed my birthday and the birthdays of the closest friends a man my age could have. I've known them forever, and really can't imagine life without them. This American has been feeling particularly guilty about not having seen any of them in two and a half years.

We all (almost all, you know who you are) have children, marriages and careers.
The activities we enjoyed are rather attention and time consuming, especially the hangovers.
My family and I are on the cusp of leaving my Mountain Redoubt for the flat land again to visit my old friends, let our children play together and reminisce over more than a few cold adult beverages.
Two weeks, and again I'll be in the company of friends, home no matter the time zone.
Looking forward to the hangovers, with a smile on my face and a song in my heart...

No comments: