20 February 2008

Been a while…

OK – time for me to weigh in on a few things.

Today’s list:

1) US Navy shooting down satellites

2) Ice pack growth and thickness

3) US Presidential Race

4) Independence of Kosovo


1) As a character in Buckaroo Banzai once said to Buckaroo – “Don’t make us look bad.” As for the necessity of shooting it down – I say – why the hell not? If we have the technology that might work to do this – do it. Kills a bunch of birds with one (or three) stone(s). Let’s run ‘em down:
a) Demonstrates technology, allows us to develop methodology to do it if we ever have to, ‘specially if the satellite about to be knocked isn’t ours
b) Makes the Chinese and Russians real mad – also makes them a little nervous – that’s not a bad thing
c) Let’s the Navy strut it’s stuff – hasn’t been able to do that for a while
So I say – shoot the thing down. With the levels of confidence coming out of the powers that be – let’s hope that confidence is well placed. I will be mighty upset if I get a 5 ton satellite in my front yard…

2) Multiple sources are saying that January was one of the coldest in the arctic, and that arctic Ice is spreading and thickening. Can we lay off of the Global Warming fear mongering for at least the balance of the winter? All I can say is that the local government had to bring front- end loaders into my neighborhood to reclaim a bit of my street from the snow.

3) Let’s hope that Hillary Clinton sees the light and withdraw gracefully (ala Romney). Won’t hold my breath. Obama seems unbeatable. I like the guy. I may not like the lack of specifics that he puts out there, but he can communicate – and that is a very good start. Sen. McCain seems to be doing a good job of pulling the party together, but then again – what choice do Republicans have?

4) Kosovanian / Kosovari ? what’s the plural? This could be a great thing – it also could re-spark another war – jury’s still out. The Crazed American reserves judgement. We’ll see what the Russians and the Serbs do…

Speaking of the Russians – Vlad’s really rattling sabers. Over-flying our carriers is not a cool thing. Tends to make people like me nervous. Next time the Russkies want to buzz one of our flat-tops – I say we might not want to turn the other cheek…
Also, I need some input – how do we fix our debt situation? Next President (who ever it is) is going to want to spend a bunch of money – how the heck are we going to pay for that?

No comments: