02 May 2008

Battlestar Galactica

I have to admit the fascination with that show has waned a bit for me. Don't get me wrong, it's still the best Sci-Fi show on television (that I watch - I've still never seen Lost - No time), it just got a little "Soap-Opera'y" for my tastes after the exodus from New Caprica.

That being said, I may not see every episode when they come on Sci-Fi (although I do have Sci-FI HD now, so I may need to remedy that situation), but I do try to catch up with the episodes online.

That all being said I have 3 hypothesis as who might be the final Cylon.

1) Lt. Felix Gaeta
Evidence - he wrote it better than me: http://www.haibane.info/2008/05/02/cylon-speculation/

To add to that - he was "able to beat the Cylons at computer programming"

Makes good sense.

2) Everyone
Evidence: "It's all happened before, it will all happen again."

3) An unnamed unseen Cylon - on Earth - the Holy Grail in the Photo.
(Dirk Benedict - the Original Starbuck)

I am personally not all that sad that the series is coming to an end. It' provided me with quite a few hours of thought provoking enjoyment, I dig the acting, writing and special effects. They just lost me a bit when they started getting away from the chase, entered the "soap-opera zone", got all metaphysical, started humanizing the Cylons, and lost most of the over-riding "military-vibe" that they nailed the first 2 seasons.

Just my 2 cents.

No comments: