01 May 2008

Something to ponder

Being a resident of a certain western state that is, quite frankly, viewed as being weird byt he rest of our country, I just stumbled upon something interesting.


Seems the local religious majority believes in laying in food. Storage to some, stockpiling to others. I am quite sure it's not a recent trend, but as a minority, I have to say it's kind of disconcerting.

Example: the Food storage calculator
http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm

I ran it for my family - these are some serious numbers.

Probably has to do with something about the "local religious majority" being persecuted for all of these years. BUt this is a LOT of food were talking about here.

My reaction can only be likened to being on a cruise ship, then finding out all of the rest of the passengers have put on life vests and nobody told you.


I am now going to research this a bit more...

No comments: