11 June 2007

Been a while...

Apologies to all four of my loyal readers.

The Crazed American has been busier than the proverbial one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

In the past month, I have: Set up and executed a trade show in a 10,000 sq foot trade show booth, spent two weeks in Las Vegas, stood with my oldest friend when he got hitched, and added to my family (a new cute 7 lbs cat).

With that done, I am now free bestow the gift of my opinions upon the world, once again.

So my quick takes on a number of topics:
1) Priorities of the IOC (International Olympic Committee are COMPLETELY F--KED UP.
Evidence: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?view=BLOGDETAIL&grid=F11&blog=yourview&xml=/news/2007/06/08/view08a.xml
To Sum up: BMX biking and Skateboarding are going to be Olympic Sports - but Women's Ski Jumping is not?!? Seriously, what a bunch of tools.

2) Orson Scott Card's Empire, not a bad book, once you get past the fact that damn few people in the US Military call the SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon, M249) by the name of it's parent design, the FN Herstal Minimi. Raises interesting and gripping questions about the possibility of a new American Civil War. My take - I very much doubt that an American Civil War could immediately devolve into a shooting war, just for the sheer fact that the American Left is officially against private firearm ownership. The American Right, on the other hand is all about private firearm ownership (and that, ladies and gentlemen is why the Crazed American is a single issue Republican - I may not be "Right" about everything, but I could never throw my hat in with a group or party that officially wants to take away my rights - especially the right to defend myself) and would have scads of ready infantry - and ladies and gentlemen, infantry wins wars. The book is excellent, merely for the afterword. Card is a "Democrat" but I like the way he thinks. Overall recommendation - read it - it's a good lounge by the pool, brain candy kind of book, with just enough thought provoking to make it interesting.

3) Illegal Immigration Bill - died a painful death in the Senate. Attention people who want to give the people who are here illegally a path to citizenship: A good number of them (I'd say the Majority of them ) do not want American Citizenship - they are proud of their Mexican heritage, and send all of their money back home, to their families. The Crazed American knows quite a few "Undocumented Immigrants" or, as they like to refer to themselves as "Illegal Aliens", and none of them would be here if economic conditions in Mexico were the slightest bit better. So in a perfect world, the USA should annex Mexico. I mean paying to bring Mexico up to our standard of living would be fantastically expensive, but since the Federal debt is so big Stephen Hawking has to be brought in periodically to describe it, does it really matter? Or a sensible "Guest Worker" Program could be enacted. People would have to return to their home country, and then armed with a sponsorship from an employer, apply for a Worker Visa. Then a background check would be completed, if the applicant had been found to be guilty of a crime (let's say of being in the US Illegally), they would pay a fine of $5-10K (and a suspended sentence - mess up once and - deported!) and then given a two year visa, renewable. If the applicant had been found to have committed any other crime, no admission granted. In terms of citizen ship, they are allowed to enter the pool of applicants, just like anyone else. No voting rights issued, but other than that, they'd get the same rights as anyone else here on a visa . Also put real investigation and enforcement teeth into Identity Theft Laws. Any feedback?

4) Win the war in Iraq already. As Glenn Beck said, "Either fight it to win it, or get the hell out." Follow the Powell Doctrine "Overwhelming force and fight to win." Of course, if we had followed the Powell Doctrine to begin with, I doubt we'd have this problem...

5) El Presidente should fire the Attorney General. Anyone who enough of an idiot to let the legal execution of Presidential Power become a "scandal" has no place in the administration of our country - I mean, come on...

6) I am annoyed by people who call El Presidente a "Conservative". He is NOT A CONSERVATIVE. But then again, I'm not either. I'm a Libertarian at heart, I guess. Small Government that exists to defend the country, make sure the food supply is safe, punish rapists, child molesters, thieves and murderers, and leave me the hell alone.

7) Globalism sucks. If it wasn't for Globalism, gas would be cheaper. I'm not advocating isolationism, but healthy national sovereignty, is not a bad thing.

That's all for now...

Out
The Crazed American

No comments: